Saturday, May 30, 2009

Kargeen-Restaurant Review

Everybody knows you're supposed to go to Kargeen if you're in Oman. Well, I've been here for almost 10 months and I only just went day before yesterday. I see why everyone raves about it though!

Their outside seating area is a pleasant mix between an Arabia courtyard and contemporary chic. The lighting is just right. The service, overall, was excellent. We did have a minor tiff with the waiter for refusing to give us change for our bill, but you can only expect so much.

But the food was just fantastic. We started off with the A'ash soup. I think I might have to infiltrate the kitchen and steal the recipe. Thick and hearty, but smooth on the tongue and a perfect mix of savory and tangy. Get it. Next I ordered the Boram lamb pot. The presentation was excellent. It was served in a deep pot (almost like that's what they cooked it in) that just kept going and going. And I kept eating. Couldn't stop. The lamb was so tender, just melting in my mouth.

We didn't stay to get shisha, but apparently they are one of the best shisha joints in town, and I believe it.

So I'm just going to repeat what the guide books say: Go to Kargeen if you're in Oman!

It's located in the MQ complex that also has an Al-Fair, Darcy's Kitchen, and about 4 liquor stores. I hear, however, that they have lost their lease to a new mall and will be moving locations.

1 comment:

  1. yah,, that restaurant is fine! ive been there couple of timea and just love it!

    ReplyDelete